The Subway 81-717 (head) and 81-717 (intermediate) were built back in the Soviet Union in the 1970s, this model differs itself from the other 81-models not only for its external look, but for its more powerful engine, without a driver's cabin between the intermediate wagons, and also a bigger range of electronic devices in the cabin. The 81-717/81-714 is part of the 81 series (in some countries named "81-71"), most of the E models that are still a part of the 81 series were not as much as alpha-style like the 81-717. Egorova started a mass-production of these wagons and cabins, not only in small subways, but also big subways, located in Baku, Kiev, Minsk, Moscow, Novosibirks, etc.
1. Check the on position of all circuit breakers on the PS, except A5. 2. Check the sealing of the safety devices.
-A5. -Braking seal. -KAH seals. -VAH. -WAVE. -RC 1. -RTS - SLD.
3. Turn on the GV (check the voltage on the v-meter). 4. Turn on the battery, if you wish, turn on the lighting in the driver's cabin. 5. Rear-cabin startup.
-Open the EPK valve. -Turn on the Headlight switch. -VUS. -Cabin lights (optional). -ALS. -Radio-Information.
6. Turn on the battery.
7. Check the couplers of the middle wagons, check that the isolation valves are opened and that the EKK is connected perfectly.
8. Front-cabin setup.
-Check if the safety devices are sealed correctly. -Turn on the battery. -Open the EPK. -Insert the reversible handle (SHIFT+0) and put it to a forward position. (0) -Turn on the BPSN and the Compressor. -Turn on the headlights. -Turn on the bright/dim lights. -Turn on the cabin lights (optional). -Tick the following switches: -ALS. -ARS. -Announcer. -Low frequency amplifier. -Check if both doors are operating in the correct way. (both doors must open and close correctly). -Set-up the ASNP. (Radio Announcer). -Report the DSCP. (Dispatcher) that you're ready. -Check the pressure of the train line. (should be between 6 and 8 atmospheres). -Check if the pressure of the brake line is not too closed and not too opened. -Switch the KV position to X1 and move towards the depot exit (after asking the DSCP. to open the signals), not faster than 15km/h, if weather conditions are adverse, do not go over 10km/h.
- 81-717.1/714.1-Metro: Prague.
- 81-717.2/714.2-Metro: Budapest.
- 81-717.3/714.3-Metro: Warsaw.
- 81-717.4/714.4-Metro: Sofia.
- * 81-717.5/714.5-Metro: Baku, Dnepropetrovsk, Yekaterinburg, Yerevan, Kiev, Minsk, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg, Samara, Tashkent, Tbilisi, Kharkiv.
- * 81-717.5 M/714.5 M, 81-717.5/714.5, 81-717.5/81-714.5 and 81-717.5/714.5-Metro: Baku, Dnepropetrovsk, Yekaterinburg, Kiev, Minsk, Moscow, Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg.
- 81-717.6 K/714.6 K and 81-717.6/714.6-Metro: Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod.
- 81-717.5 A/714.5 (A Retro-Train "Sokolniki") - The Subways Of Moscow.